I’m a qualified economist and political scientist; mostly, though, I just love learning stuff and helping people put that stuff into clear, beautiful English.
I’ve edited and proofread theses, dissertations and papers in economics, finance, political science, philosophy, business, and the humanities. I’ve also worked on fiction, white papers, blog posts, and business plans.
As an editor of ESL documents, I consider my job to be helping my writers write better: by explaining my changes, pointing out the things you are doing well, and making extensive suggestions to strengthen your academic English. For native speakers, I’ll be as hands-on or hands-off as you like: my role is to make your voice shine, and that means applying grammar rules and style guidelines intelligently and sensitively – writing (and editing) is a craft, not a science!
- Institute of Professional Editors Limited (IPEd), Australia, 2016–current
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Indexers (ANZSI), 2017–current
- Australian Institute of International Affairs (AIIA), 2013–current
- Certificate of Professional Editing and Proofreading, 2016, Open Colleges Australia
- References, 2016, Society for Editors and Proofreaders, UK